Middle East and Africa Hazelnut Market, By Form (Whole/In-Shell Hazelnut, Natural Hazelnut, Diced Hazelnut, Paste Hazelnut, Blanched Hazelnut, Roasted Hazelnut, Sliced Hazelnut, Hazelnut Oil, Hazelnut Meal, and Others), Category (Organic and Conventional), Shape (Round Kernels, Almond Kernels, Pointed Kernels and Others), Origin (Akcakoca, Levant, Giresun and Others), Packaging (vacuum & Cartons Box, Bags, Pouches, Plastic or Metal Drums and Others), Application (Industrial, Food Service Industry and Household/Retail), Distribution Channel (Direct and Indirect), Country (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Oman, U.A.E., Qatar, Kuwait and Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Hazelnutmarket is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 8.0% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 993.56 million by 2027.
Hazelnut is the nut of the hazel that is derived from the species of the genus corylus, mainly from the nuts of the species corylusavellana. Hazelnut is a kind of nut which can be consumed as a snack and also it provides numerous health benefits such as it is good for heart, helps in reducing the risk of cancer, and aid in muscle, skin, bone, joint and keeping the digestive system healthy.
Rising demand for hazelnuts in wide industrial applications is accelerating the use of hazelnuts products which drives the market. Allergies associated with hazelnut are acting as a restrain for the market. Increased awareness about health and nutrition is creating an opportunity for the market. Easy availability of hazelnuts substitutes is acting as a challenge for the global hazelnuts market.
This hazelnut market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Hazelnut market is segmented on the basis of form, category, shape, origin, packaging, application and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into whole/in-shell hazelnut, natural hazelnut, diced hazelnut, paste hazelnut, blanched hazelnut, roasted hazelnut, sliced hazelnut, hazelnut oil, hazelnut meal, and others. Whole form of hazelnuts has dominated the Africa market as these are naturally produced and consumption of kernals for industrials applications is leading their dominance in hazelnuts market.
- On the basis of category, the market is segmented into organic and conventional. The conventional segment has dominated the market as majority of the growers develop the hazelnut with synthetic growing method and their cost effectiveness has led their dominance.
- On the basis of shape, the market is segmented into round kernels, almond kernels, pointed kernels and others. The round shape segment has obtained the highest market share as filberts and their consumption in African is one of the major factors driving their growth in the market.
- On the basis of origin, the market is segmented into akcakoca, levant, giresun and others. Levant segment have obtained the highest market share due to their cost effectiveness and easy cultivation by the growers. The reasonable costs have led their demand in industrial applications.
- On the basis of packaging, the market is segmented into vacuum & cartons box, bags, pouches, plastic or metal drums and others. The vacuum & cartons box segment have dominated the market due to vacuum packaging and stiffness of carton boxes can preserve the hazelnut from getting contaminated with the surrounding environment and also helps in extending the shelf life of the hazelnut leading their growth in the market.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into industrial, food service industry and household/retail. The industrial segment have comprised the highest market share majority of food and beverage manufacturers and are developing new products with the hazelnut infusion such as cakes, pastries, pies, cookies and biscuits. The high demand of the hazelnut has led their consumption of industrial applications in the market.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct and indirect. The direct segment is dominated the market as the direct supply is mostly preferred by the large industrialists due to the bulk demand of the hazelnut as an ingredient for the manufacturing of their products.
Middle East and Africa Hazelnut Market Country Level Analysis
Hazelnut market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, form, category, shape, origin, packaging, application and distribution channel.
Middle East and Africa hazelnut market comprises of the countries- South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Oman, U.A.E., Qatar, Kuwait and Rest of Middle East and Africa.
- In Middle East and Africa, South Africa is growing as the country have high demand of the hazelnuts in their food service sectors and for household consumption due to the numerous applications of hazel nuts, the major one is the health benefits provided by these nuts, as they are comprised of fats, vitamins and other nutritional ingredients.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Hazelnut
Middle East and Africa hazelnut market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in hazelnut and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the hazelnut market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Middle East and Africa Hazelnut Market Share Analysis
Hazelnut market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Middle East & Africa hazelnut market.
The major players covered in the report are ADM, BATA FOOD, Karin Gida, Olam International, Ferrero among other global and domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In October 2019, Olam International acquired Hughson Nut which is a leading manufacturer of almond processor, after this acquisition company expanded their almond ingredients capacity.
- In July 2014, Ferrero acquired of Oltan Group, which is leading operator globally in the processing, marketing and procurement of hazelnuts. This acquisition has helped the company’s social responsibility engagement on sustainable agricultural practices. After this acquisition, the company has enhanced its credibility in the market globally.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for hazelnut through expanded range of size.