North America Hazelnut Market By Form (Whole/In-Shell Hazelnut, Natural Hazelnut, Diced Hazelnut, Paste Hazelnut, Blanched Hazelnut, Roasted Hazelnut, Sliced Hazelnut, Hazelnut Oil, Hazelnut Meal, Others), Category (Organic, Conventional), Shape (Round Kernels, Almond Kernels, Pointed Kernels, Others), Origin (Akcakoca, Levant, Giresun, Others), Packaging (Vacuum & Cartons Box, Bags, Pouches, Plastic or Metal Drums, Others), Application (Industrial, Food Service Industry, Household/Retail), Distribution Channel (Direct, Indirect), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Hazelnut market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 7.6% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 2,626.38 million by 2027.
Rising demand for hazelnuts in wide industrial applications is accelerating the use of hazelnuts products which drives the North America hazelnut market. Allergies associated with hazelnut are acting as a restrain for the market growth. Increased awareness about health and nutrition is creating an opportunity for the market in the forecast period. Easy availability of hazelnuts substitutes is acting as a challenge for the North America hazelnut market.
This hazelnut market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Hazelnut market is categorized into seven notable segments which are based on the basis of form, category, shape, origin, packaging, application and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into whole/in-shell hazelnut, natural hazelnut, diced hazelnut, paste hazelnut, blanched hazelnut, roasted hazelnut, sliced hazelnut, hazelnut oil, hazelnut meal, and others. In 2020, whole/in-shell hazelnut has comprised the highest market share as the consumption of the hazelnut for industrial application is increasing rapidly. For instance the consumption of hazelnut kernals in the U.S. is approximately 15,284 metric tons.
- On the basis of category, the market is segmented into organic and conventional. In 2020, the conventional segment is dominating the market as majority of the growers develop the hazelnut with synthetic growing method and their cost effectiveness has led their dominance in the market.
- On the basis of shape, the market is segmented into round kernels, almond kernels, pointed kernels and others. In 2020, the round kernels segment has comprised the highest market share due to their wide applications in chocolate bars and the higher consumption of the hazelnuts in confectionery industry have made their preference of consumption.
- On the basis of origin, the market is segmented into akcakoca, levant, giresun and others. In 2020, levant segment is dominating the market due to their contents of fats as compared to other origin of hazelnuts which is highly appreciated in the U.S.
- On the basis of packaging, the market is segmented into vacuum & cartons box, bags, pouches, plastic or metal drums and others. In 2020, vacuum and carton box segment is dominating the market as supply of the hazelnut at larger scale should be contamination free without getting expose to the moisture content. The feasibility associated with the vacuum and carton box have made their preference for transportation.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into industrial, food service industry and household/retail. In 2020, industrial segment have comprised the highest market share as the majority of hazelnut in the U.S. and Canada is consumed in shelled form by the food manufacturers.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct and indirect. In 2020, the direct segment has comprised the highest market share as in the U.S. mostly Turkey farmers directly transport their hazelnuts to the industrialist for the production of confectioneries and other food products.
Hazelnut Market Country Level Analysis
Hazelnut market is categorized into seven notable segments which are based on the basis of form, category, shape, origin, packaging, application and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the report are U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- In North America, the U.S. has occupied the highest market share due to the consumption of whole kernels and the benefits associated with the kernals have made their preferences among American consumers.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Hazelnut
Hazelnut market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in hazelnut and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the hazelnut market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Hazelnut Market Share Analysis
Hazelnut market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America hazelnut market.
The major players covered in the report are ADM, Northwest Hazelnut Company, Karin Gıda, Olam International, BALSU, Ferrero other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of hazelnut market.
- In February 2015, ADM announced that they have acquired California processing facility of tree nut and seed processing assets from California Gold Almonds, this acquisition has helped the company in growing its business in the U.S. region.
- In July 2014, Ferrero acquired of Oltan Group, which is leading operator globally in the processing, marketing and procurement of hazelnuts. This acquisition has helped the company’s social responsibility engagement on sustainable agricultural practices. After this acquisition, the company has enhanced its credibility in the market globally.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for hazelnut.
Customization Available: North America Hazelnut Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.