Europe Shiitake Mushroom Market, By Type (Wild Type and Cultivated Type), Category (Organic and Inorganic), Cultivation Method (Log Cultivation and Bed Cultivation), Product Type (Fresh and Processed), Form (Whole/Flower, Parts), Packaging Type (Canned, Plastic Bags, Tray and Others), End User (Food Service Providers, Household, Others), Distribution Channel (Store Based Retailer and Online-Based Retailer), Country (Germany, U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Russia, Poland Turkey, Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The shiitake mushroom market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.4% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 375.16 million by 2028. The high demand of the shiitake mushroom and the emerging economy is accelerating the growth of the shiitake mushroom market.
Shiitake mushroom are a type of edible fungi that are nutrient dense and have various health benefits. Shiitake is a specialty or exotic mushroom which is cultivated by two methods: log cultivation and bed cultivation among this, majority of growers prefer bed cultivation as it has shorter production time and can be done any time of the year. This mushroom type has many health benefits such as low calorie and high protein and also benefits the consumer health with boosting immunity and lowering the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
The shiitake mushroom is known to have compounds that have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral effects on the consumers. Thus, with so many health benefits, the consumption of shiitake is increasing and hence, driving the shiitake mushroom market. The weather fluctuations and specific temperature requirement of the shiitake cultivation has been a reason for the decreased production of shiitake across region, hence, creating a major restraint in the growth of the shiitake mushroom market. The developments and growing awareness among consumers as well as manufacturers for the health benefits of the shiitake mushroom will see new and upcoming opportunities with the growth of functional food and dietary supplements in the shiitake mushroom market. In addition, shiitake mushrooms require long time commitment for any returns on any investment due to which many manufacturers hesitate in entering the shiitake mushroom market and only choose shiitake mushroom as their side business, thus, challenging the growth of the shiitake mushroom across the region.
This shiitake mushroom market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the shiitake mushroom market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The shiitake mushroom market is segmented on the basis of the type, category, cultivation method, product type, form, packaging type, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the shiitake mushroom market is divided into wild type and cultivated type. In 2021, cultivated type segment is anticipated to dominate the shiitake mushroom market due to their convenience and economical production cost to the manufacturers.
- On the basis of category, the shiitake mushroom market is divided into organic and inorganic. In 2021, inorganic segment is anticipated to dominate the shiitake mushroom market due to their convenience and economical production cost to the manufacturers.
- On the basis of cultivation method, the shiitake mushroom market is divided into log cultivation and bed cultivation. In 2021, bed cultivation segment is anticipated to dominate the shiitake mushroom market due to their shorter production time and cultivation that can be done throughout the year.
- On the basis of product type, the shiitake mushroom market is divided into fresh and processed. In 2021, fresh segment is anticipated to dominate the shiitake mushroom market due to their convenience and wide usage across several sectors.
- On the basis of form, the shiitake mushroom market is divided into whole/flower and parts. In 2021, whole/flower segment is anticipated to dominate the shiitake mushroom market as lot of manufacturers provide these products, thus are easily available in the market.
- On the basis of packaging type, the shiitake mushroom market is divided into canned, plastic bags, tray and others. In 2021, plastic bags segment is anticipated to dominate the shiitake mushroom market due to the growing demand for convenient food in small and practical packaging.
- On the basis of end user, the shiitake mushroom market is divided into food service providers, household and others. In 2021, household segment is anticipated to dominate the shiitake mushroom market due to growing awareness of consumers for various health benefits of shiitake mushrooms.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the shiitake mushroom market is divided into store based retailer and online-based retailer. In 2021, store based retailer segment will dominate the shiitake mushroom market for their vast spread network and their easy availability in every corner of the country.
Europe Shiitake Mushroom Market Country Level Analysis
Europe shiitake mushroom market is analyzed and market size information is provided by the country, type, category, cultivation method, product type, form, packaging type, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Europe shiitake mushroom market report are the Germany, U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Russia, Poland Turkey, and rest of Europe.
Germany is dominating in the Europe shiitake mushroom market and is growing with the significant CAGR due to the emerging opportunities in vegetarian food and higher production and consumption of processed food due to the consumer’s preference which have boosted the market in Europe region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Europe brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Business Expansion for Future Growth creating New Opportunities for Europe Shiitake Mushroom market
The shiitake mushroom market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with shiitake mushroom sales, impact of business expansion in the shiitake mushroom and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the shiitake mushroom market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Shiitake Mushroom Market Share Analysis
The shiitake mushroom market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and source lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Europe shiitake mushroom market.
The major players covered in the Europe shiitake mushroom market report are Banken Champignons B.V., Wuling (Fuzhou) Biotechnology Co., Ltd., Shandong Qihe Bio Technology Co., Ltd., Hirano Mushroom LLC, MycoMedica d.o.o., Fungo Netherlands B.V. among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the shiitake mushroom market.
- In February 2020, Shandong Qihe Bio Technology Co., Ltd. attended Fruit Logistica Berlin 2020 where the team interacted with customers and clients by answering their questions and by displaying their shiitake mushroom spawn. This has enhanced the product portfolio of the company in the market.
Exhibition, partnership, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the shiitake mushroom market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for shiitake mushroom.
Customization Available: Europe Shiitake Mushroom Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from source-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.