Global Dyspepsia Drug Market By Classification (Organic Dyspepsia, Non-Ulcer Dyspepsia, Drug Induced Dyspepsia and Others), Treatment Type (Medication and Surgery), Drug (Antacids, Antibiotics, H2 blockers, Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), Gastric Prokinetics Agents and Others), Route of Administration (Oral and Injectable), Distribution Channel (Online Pharmacy, Direct Tenders (Retailers and Others), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Dyspepsia Drug Market
Global dyspepsia drug market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Growing incidence of dyspepsia’s population and development of advanced therapies and treatment are the key factors for market growth
Market Definition: Global Dyspepsia Drug Market
Dyspepsia is also known as indigestion is gastroenterology disorders characterized by persistent or recurrent pain and discomfort or irritation to the stomach lining. Dyspepsia is usually a sign of underlying condition such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), ulcers and gallbladder disease. The patients with dyspepsia may experience burning sensation in the stomach area, severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting.
According to the article published in the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, it is estimated 1 in every 4 people in the United States diagnosed with dyspepsia each year. This growing incidence of dyspepsia worldwide, irregular eating habits and launches of new products are the key factors that reinforce the market position.
- · Growing cases of dyspepsia worldwide boosts the market growth
- · Rise in prevalence of metabolic disorders like diabetes mellitus and endocrine disorders such as hypothyroid, hyperparathyroid, Addison’s disease, uraemia and others are the conditions which interrupt the digestion which act as a market driver
- · High prevalence of digestive diseases such as digestive ulcers and gastric erosions also drives the market growth
- · Chronic consumption of alcohol, smoking and caffeine acts as a driver for the market growth
- · Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs of branded version is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- · Inadequate knowledge about dyspepsia in some developing countries can also hamper the market growth
- · Expensive screening test or treatment for dyspepsia can also restrict the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Dyspepsia Drug Market
· By Classification
· Organic Dyspepsia
· Non-Ulcer Dyspepsia
· Drug Induced Dyspepsia
· By Treatment Type
· By Drugs
o Calcium Carbonate
o Sodium Bicarbonate
· H2 blockers
· Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs)
· Gastric Prokinetics Agents
· By Route of Administration
· By Distribution Channel
· Online Pharmacy
· Direct Tenders
· By End Users
· Specialty Clinics
· By Geography
· North America
· South America
o Rest of South America
o United Kingdom
o Rest of Europe
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia Pacific
· Middle East & Africa
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2018, Eisai Co., Ltd has launched Cidine (cinitapride hydrogen tartrate), a gastrointestinal prokinetic agent in China for the treatment of mild-to-moderate functional dyspepsia (indigestion). The launch of Cidine in the China is set to change the treatment landscape for patients suffering from dyspepsia throughout China
- In August 2016, LUPIN received approval from the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) for Acotiamide 100 mg tablets for the treatment of dyspepsia or indigestion. The approval of acotiamide represents a first-in-class novel disease specific treatment option for patients suffering from dyspepsia
Global dyspepsia drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global dyspepsia drug market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global dyspepsia drug market are AstraZeneca, Biogen, KOREA UNITED PHARM INC., Astellas Pharma Inc, Eisai Co., Ltd, ZERIA Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd, DONG - A ST, Beactica AB, Xian Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd, Novartis AG, YUHAN, Abide Therapeutics, Inc, Daewoong Co., Ltd, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc, RedHill, ADM Biopolis, LUPIN, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. and others.
Research Methodology: Global Dyspepsia Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- · Current and future of global dyspepsia drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- · The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- · Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- · The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players