Global Edible Oils Market By Type (Vegetable Oils, Industrial Oils, Animal-Derived Oils), End-Use (Food, Animal Feeds, Non-Food uses), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Edible Oils Market
Global Edible Oils Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 87.60 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 131.91 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.25% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the benefits of strong supply chain of chain of edible oil products and retail outlets.
Market Definition: Global Edible Oils Market
Edible oil is extracted from vegetables, fruits and animals. These are most extensively used for cooking, though occasionally oils like coconut oil, almond oil and peanut oil are used for personal care in the making of hair oils and soaps. The various types of edible oils are available commercially but soybean, palm, rapeseed, and sunflower oils are prevalent among buyers. The consumption of canola oil, soybean oil, mustard oil, and olive oil in increasing at a high rate. The edible oils are used in both food and non-food items.
- The strong supply chain of chain of edible oil products and established chain of retail outlets is one of the diver for market growth.
- Increasing demand from growing population and rising household income is driving the market towards growth.
- Lack of production of edible oil is likely to restrain the market growth
- The government regulations regarding plastic materials used in packaging may restraint the market growth.
Global Edible Oils Market Segmentation:
- By Product Type
- Vegetable Oils
- Canola Oil
- Olive Oil
- Peanut Oil
- Soybean Oil
- Sunflower Oil
- Palm Oils
- Coconut Oil
- Palm Oil
- Palm Kernel Oil
- Industrial Oils
- Castor Oil
- Linseed Oil
- Animal-Derived Oils
- Fish Oil
- Vegetable Oils
- By End-Use
- Animal feeds
- Non-food uses
- Fatty acids and alcohols
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February, 2016, Adani Wilmar Ltd. Launched diabetic care oil “VIVO Fortune”which will help in controlling Type 2 Diabetes as diabetes is one of the fastest growing disease and the product is targeted at upper age segment.
- In September 2016, Cargill launched a new product line of sunflower oil certified as non-genetically modified to capture consumers who are looking for organic and natural oil. The new launch will increase the market share of the company.
Global edible oils market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of edible oils market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the edible oils market are Adani Wilmar Limited, Associated British Foods plc, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Global Canopy, Olympic Foods Ltd. American Vegetable Oils, Inc, Cargill, BORGES INTERNATIONAL GROUP, S.L., Fuji Vegetable Oil, Ruchi Soya Industries, Adams Group, ACH Food Companies, AJINOMOTO CO.,INC, United Plantations Berhad, CHS Inc.
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of Market Segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market Drivers and Restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure