Global Utility Locator Market By Technique (Electromagnetic Field, Ground Penetrating Radar, Others), Offering (Equipment Services), Target (Metallic, Non-Metallic), End-User Industry (Telecommunication, Electricity, Water and Sewage, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Others), Geography (North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Global utility locator market can be defined as a tool for identifying and mapping underground utilities such as electric cable distribution, water pipes, telecommunication lines, gas pipelines and many more.
The utility locator use various tactics for preventing damages such as during excavation, various marking and locating are used to identifying and labelling underground public utility mains and cables, different colour paint is used to mark the different utilities such as red for electrical power lines, blue for potable water, yellow for gas, orange for communications or signal lines, purple for reclaimed water, green for sewers, white for proposed construction and pink for survey markings.
Some of the factors which are driving the market are the increased demand of cloud-computing for businesses and demand for predictive solutions and image recognition is considered as major application for deep learning neural networks. However, less adoption of artificial intelligence-based technologies results in slow digitization is the restraint hampering the growth of the market.
Global utility locator market is projected to register a substantial CAGR of 6.2% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Global Utility Locator Market
Global utility locator market is segmented into four notable segments which are techniques, offering, target, and end-user industry.
- On the basis of technique, the market is segmented into ground penetrating radar (GPR), electromagnetic field, others
- On the basis of offering, the market is segmented into equipment and services
- On the basis of target, the market is segmented into metallic and non-metallic
- On the basis of end-user industry, the market is segmented into telecommunication, electricity, water and sewage, oil and gas, transportation, and others
Competitive Analysis: Global Utility Locator Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Radiodetection Ltd., Vivax-Metrotech Corp., Guideline Geo., EMERSON ELECTRIC CO., The Charles Machine Works, Inc., Sensors & Software Inc., Leica Geosystems AG, 3M, USIC, multiVIEW., ON TARGET UTILITY SERVICES, GSSI Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc., Vivax-Metrotech Corp., RHD Services, Inc., OneVision Utility Services., Sidewinder Utility Locators., US Radar, and Olameter among others.
- In May 2018, GSSI Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc. announced partnership with Blinken Tools AB for distribution of their products. This alignment helps to fuel the overall growth of GSSI. This further helps the company to improve its presence in Scandinavia region with Blinken Tools AB sales and support in providing quality products to government, construction and industrial sectors.
- In June 2018, GSSI Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc. showcased their latest ground penetrating radar (GPR) equipment at International Conference on Ground Penetrating Radar, which was held on June 18-21, 2018. The new UtilityScan GPR system is more efficient in marking and identifying the depth and location of utilities. The UtilityScan is handled by tablet-based system.
- In April 2018, GSSI Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc. had involved into licensing agreement with MIT Lincoln Laboratory to manufacture and sell business prototype of Localized Ground Penetrating Radar (LGPR) system. The partnership will result into an enhanced and improvised self-driving vehicle industry. The Localized Ground Penetrating Radar (LGPR) creates baseline map of road surface by using high frequency radar sensors.
Research Methodology: Global Utility Locator Market
Primary Respondents: OEMs, Manufacturers, Engineers, Industrial Professionals.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers