Europe Functional Flour Market, By Category (GMO, Non-GMO), Source (Cereals, Legumes, Potato, Tapioca, Chia, Others), Grade (Food Grade, Feed Grade), Application (Bakery and Confectionery Products, Convenience Food, Sport Nutrition, Infant Formula, Meat, Poultry & Sea Food, Animal Feed, Beverages, Nutritional Bar, Nutritional Supplements, Dairy Products), Country (Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, U.K., Spain, Belgium, Poland, Turkey, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Europe Functional Flour Market
Functional flour market is expected to gain strong market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 6.4% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 33,136.82 million by 2027. The rising trend of the healthy lifestyle and increased spending capacity for healthy food among European consumers are the major driver which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Increased sale of functional food owing to panic buying among customers due to pandemic disease called as COVID-19 is major factor driving the growth of the market. However, regulatory issues and rules imposed by the European Union can prove to be a restraint for the market growth in the forecast period.
This Functional Flour Market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe Functional Flour Market Scope and Market Size
Functional flour market is segmented on the basis of category, source, grade and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of category, the market has been segmented into GMO and non-GMO. GMO accounted for largest market share in category segment as manufacturers prefer the GMO crops for functional production owing to the low price of raw material. However, the rising initiative of GMO free Europe is helping the Non-GMO segment to grow with faster CAGR.
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into cereals, legumes, tapioca, chia, potato and others. Cereals products dominate the source segment as cereals are mostly used in the bakery and confectionary application which are daily consumable food for humans. In addition, easy availability of the cereals with lower price comparing to others is further supplementing the segment growth.
- On the basis of grade, the market is segmented into food grade and feed grade. Food grade holds largest market share in grade segment as consumers are ready to spend extra money to get healthy and nutritional products. In addition, increasing awareness and knowledge among customer regarding food ingredients is helping the segment to grow at considerable rate. Functional flour is costly solution for the feed comparing to the alternative solution such as conventional flour which is limiting its adoption in the feed grade segment.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into bakery and confectionery products, convenience food, dairy products, beverages, infant formula, sports nutrition, nutritional bar, meat, poultry & seafood, nutritional supplements and animal feed. In 2020, bakery and confectionery products dominate the application segment as consumers prefer low fat, low calorie flour to maintain the health. Increasing adoption in the bakery products such as bread, cookies, cakes among others are driving the segment growth for the application segment.
Functional Flour Market Country Level Analysis
Functional flour market is analysed and market size information is provided by category, source, grade and application as referenced above.
On the basis of country, the market is segmented into Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, U.K., Spain, Belgium, Poland, Turkey, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia and Rest of Europe.
Germany is dominating the Europe functional flour market followed by France and Italy due to the major consumption and awareness in these countries. There is a growing change of preference in the food consumption such as organic and gluten free flour demand is rising which is driving the growth of this market. Germany is dominating the country owing to the high production of the cereals and enhanced spending on functional food from consumers. France is also leading the market with second rank owing to the high production of the raw material crops and grains. In Italy consumers changing attitude towards healthy lifestyle and increased spending capacity owing to rising disposable income is augmenting the market growth for country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increased use in bakery products is boosting the demand of the market in the forecast period
Functional flour market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in sales of functional flour due to changing lifestyle of the customers which prefers healthy foods along with growth in increasing disposable income are also propelling the functional flour market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Functional Flour Market Share Analysis
Functional flour market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to functional flour market.
The major players covered in the report are Unicorn Grain Specialties, CAREMOLI SPA, KALIZEA, ABF Ingredients (A Subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc), AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG, Mühlenchemie GmbH & Co. KG, LIMAGRAIN INGREDIENTS, Ingredion Incorporated, ADM, General Mills Inc, GoodMills Innovation GmbH and Bakels Sweden among others domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch initiated by the companies worldwide are accelerating the growth of functional flour market.
- In November 2017, Ingredion Incorporated introduced new HOMECRAFT named functional flour rice sourced functional flour for the Europe and Middle East and Africa market. It is used in the food products such as beverages, soups and sauces. With this, the company increased their customer base and market presence in Europe.
- In September 2017, GoodMills Innovation introduces new functional flour named as 2ab wheat flour for the market to get improved taste and textured quality. The new product 2ab wheat flour is used for the food applications such as bakery foods as it offers enhanced taste with soft and lush golden crumb. The company has enhanced their customer portfolio by providing alternative bakery flour with improved taste and health benefits.
Production expansion, partnership and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company presence in the functional flour market which also provides the benefits for organization to improve their offering for functional flour.
Customization Available: Europe Functional Flour Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.