Convenience and ready-to-go foods save time and energy, and thus, there is an increase in the demand for convenience food. These foods include frozen foods, canned foods, ready-to-eat snacks, meals, chilled foods, soups and sauces, seasonings and dressings, and noodles and pasta among others. Convenience foods, including ready-to-eat meals, snacks, and processed foods, often require longer shelf lives to maintain their quality and safety. Acidulants, such as citric acid and malic acid, are used to control the pH of these products, creating an acidic environment that inhibits the growth of spoilage microorganisms and pathogens. This results in extended shelf life and reduced food waste.
Furthermore, acidulants are the key ingredient used in the manufacturing of convenience food to add a refreshing flavor, improve texture and tartness, and enhance the taste of the product. With the increased demand for enhanced convenience/ready-to-eat food due to the busy lifestyle and changing bung preferences of consumers, food processing manufacturers are demanding more acidulants to add to the food product to fulfill the demands.
Access Full Report @ https://www.databridgemarketresearch.com/reports/north-america-acidulants-market
Data Bridge Market Research analyzes that the North America Acidulants Market is expected to reach USD 2,467,283.11 thousand by 2031 from USD 1,388,454.15 thousand in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period of 2024 to 2031.
Key Findings of the Study
Wide Use of Citric Acid and Malic Acid in Emerging Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverage Applications
In most beverages, citric acid is the first choice to be used as an acidulant. The reason behind this is the specific, relatively mild to slightly sharp sourness and the refreshing effect on most of the fruit flavors. Furthermore, malic acid is used when strong flavor enhancement is expected and mostly in combination with citric acid. Other than these acidulants, phosphoric and succinic acid are also used in beverage applications. Phosphoric acid is mostly used in carbonated beverages such as Cola to bring a specific taste profile and strong effect on pH. Malic acid is commonly used in alcoholic beverages, mostly in fruity coolers and low-alcohol drinks. Succinic acid is used only in instant beverages for home preparation.
The use of citric and malic acids in both emerging alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage applications drives market growth due to their flavor-enhancing, pH-balancing, and preservative properties. These acidulants will remain essential ingredients in creating appealing and marketable beverages as consumer preferences evolve and the beverage industry continues to diversify.
Report Scope and Market Segmentation
2024 to 2031
2022 (Customizable to 2016- 2021)
Revenue in USD Thousand
Type (Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Acetic Acid, Formic Acid, Gluconic Acid, Malic Acid, Phosphoric Acid and Salts, Tartaric Acid, Lactic Acid, Tannic Acid, Fumaric Acid, Succinic Acid, and Others), Form (Dry and Liquid), Function (pH Control, Acidic Flavor Enhancer, Preservatives, and Others), Distribution Channel (B2B and B2C), End-User (Household/Retail, Food Processing Sector, and Food Service Sector)
U.S., Canada, and Mexico
Market Players Covered
Brenntag SE (Germany), ADM (U.S.), Cargill, Incorporated (U.S.), Corbion (Netherlands), Tate & Lyle (U.K.), Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG (Switzerland), DAIRYCHEM (U.S.), FBC Industries (U.S.), Bartek Ingredients Inc. (Canada), Foodchem International Corporation (China), Direct Food Ingredients Ltd (England), Richest Group (China), and INDUSTRIAL TECNICA PECUARIA, S.A. (Spain), among others
Data Points Covered in the Report
In addition to the insights on market scenarios such as market value, growth rate, segmentation, geographical coverage, and major players, the market reports curated by the Data Bridge Market Research also include in-depth expert analysis, geographically represented company-wise production and capacity, network layouts of distributors and partners, detailed and updated price trend analysis and deficit analysis of supply chain and demand.
The North America acidulants market is segmented into five notable segments based on type, form, function, distribution channel, and end-user.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into citric acid, sodium citrate, potassium citrate, acetic acid, formic acid, gluconic acid, malic acid, phosphoric acid and salts, tartaric acid, lactic acid, tannic acid, fumaric acid, succinic acid, and others
In 2024, the citric acid segment is expected to dominate the North America acidulants market
In 2024, the citric acid segment is expected to dominate the market with a 59.30% market share due to the increasing demand for citrus-based juices and drinks that increase the demand for citric acid acidulants.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into dry and liquid
In 2024, the dry segment is expected to dominate the North America acidulants market
In 2024, the dry segment is expected to dominate the market with an 83.84% market share as they are easy to use and can be used in many dishes, such as soups, sauces, instant beverages, convenience food, and others. Thus, the busy lifestyle of consumers enables them to buy easy-to-make food products, due to which manufacturers are demanding more acidulants to fulfill consumer demands.
- On the basis of function, the market is segmented into pH control, acidic flavor enhancer, preservatives, and others. In 2024, the pH control segment is expected to dominate the market with a market share of 43.09%
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into B2B and B2C. In 2024, the B2B segment is expected to dominate the market with a market share of 94.03%
- On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into food processing sector, food service sector, and household/retail. In 2024, the food processing sector segment is expected to dominate the market with a market share of 78.29%
Data Bridge Market Research analyzes Brenntag SE (Germany), ADM (U.S.), Cargill, Incorporated (U.S.), Corbion (Netherlands), and Tate & Lyle (U.K.) as the major market players operating in the North America acidulants market.
- In May 2023, Cargill, Incorporated announced that it had expanded its retail feed operation with plans for a new facility in Washington state to serve the region’s customers. This helped the company increase its brand image in the region
- In March 2022, Brenntag SE acquired the Israeli specialty chemicals distributor Y.S. Ashkenazi Agencies Ltd, along with its subsidiary, Biochem Trading. This acquisition represents Brenntag's entry into the Israeli market. This acquisition increased the goodwill of the company
- In December 2021, Tate & Lyle, a leading global provider of food and beverage solutions and ingredients, announced that it had signed up for the U.K.'s Food and Drink Federation's (FDF) Action on Fiber. This development increased the customer base of the company
- In June 2021, Corbion announced that it had acquired Granotec Mexico S.A. de C.V., which is a key player in functional blends for the Mexican bakery and fortification industries. This development increased the goodwill of the company
- In June 2020, the Richest Group attended Canton Fair (China Import and Export Fair) - a live broadcast to display their main products, namely food additives, rubber raw materials, OLED Intermediates, and others. The company successfully promoted the citric acid product under the food additives category in front of a large number of customers
Geographically, the countries covered in this market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
As per Data Bridge Market Research analysis:
The U.S. is expected to dominate and is the fastest-growing country in the North America acidulants market
The U.S. is expected to dominate and is the fastest-growing country in the North America acidulants market due to the growing applications in industries such as food and beverages.
For more detailed information about the North America acidulants market report, click here – https://www.databridgemarketresearch.com/reports/north-america-acidulants-market